My Everyday Make Up Routine


For those of you who don't know, I work in a Boots store, so I do a full face of make up for work everyday. This is partly because I have Rosacea so I want to cover up the redness in my skin, and also because I have blonde eyelashes and blonde eyebrows but (dyed) dark hair, so I look like I'm dying if I don't have make up on. I have a different make up routine for nights out or events, so I will write another blog post later to cover that. This routine takes me around 20 minutes most days and I do try new make up products and mix it up most days, but I've included some of my favourite make up products for everyday use. Small disclaimer, everyone does their make up in different ways so if you like to apply it in a different order to me, that's fine too!

Step 1:
 - After cleansing, toning and moisturising my skin, I apply a primer.
Recommended: P.S Primer Water - £2.00, L'Oreal Infallible Pore Refining Primer - £8.99, Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer - £12.99


Step 2:
- After primer, I apply my foundation with a damp beauty sponge, usually having mixed it with a white mixer to make it pale enough!
Recommended: The Body Shop Matte Clay Foundation - £10.00, C.Y.O Lifeproof Foundation - £7.50, The Ordinary Coverage Foundation - £5.90

Step 3:
- Next I apply my concealer under my eyes, down my nose and a little bit on my chin and forehead, which I blend in with a damp beauty sponge.
Recommended: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - £4.19, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - £8.99, Make Up Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer - £4.00

Step 4:
- I then set my concealer under my eyes with a translucent powder on a small fluffy brush.
Recommended: RCMA No Colour Powder - £13.00, Rimmel Insta Fix & Matte Powder - £4.99

Step 5:
- After I have set my under-eyes, I apply a tinted brow gel to my eyebrows.
Recommended: P.S Brow Gel - £1.00, Rimmel Brow This Way - £4.49


Step 6:
- Next I apply my eyeshadow. This varies day to day in colour, sometimes I do a neutral brown eye look, sometimes a burgundy or purple look and sometimes a green eye look, depending on how I'm feeling that day!
Recommended: W7 On The Rocks Eyeshadow Palette - £5.99, Make Up Revolution 35 Amplified Palettes - £15.00, Morphe 25A Palette - £19.00

Step 7:
- After I've applied my eyeshadow, I use a black eyeliner on the waterline and smoke it out on the lower lash line with whatever matte colour I've used on my lid.
Recommended: Maybelline Master Smokey Eyeliner - £5.99, Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil - £1.50

Step 8:
- Once my foundation has had time to sink in and dry down to whatever finish it has, I apply a coloured powder to the rest of my skin to set the make up in place.
Recommended: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - £3.99, L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Powder - £7.99


Step 9: 
- Next I apply bronzer and blusher to my cheeks and a little bit of bronzer on my temples / forehead to warm up my skin.
Recommended: Max Factor Creme Bronzer - £9.99, L'Oreal Back to Bronze Powder - £8.99, Max Factor Creme Puff Blush - £8.99, KIKO Golden Waves Blusher - £16.90

Step 10: 
- After I've applied my blusher and bronzer, I apply my highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose and a little bit on my forehead.
Recommended: P.S Brunch Club Highlighter - £2.50, iHeart Make Up Goddess of Faith Highlighter - £4.99, New Look Baked Highlighter - £7.99

Step 11:
- I then use a setting spray to set my make up in place and make it last longer throughout the day.
Recommended: Revlon PhotoReady Prep, Set, Refresh - £7.99, Obsession Prep, Set, Glow - £6.00, NYX Matte Setting Spray - £7.00

Step 12:
- Once I have let the setting spray dry into my skin, I apply mascara on my top and bottom lashes.
Recommended: L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara - £11.99, Bourjois One Seconde Volume Mascara - £9.99


Step 13:
- Finally, I apply a bit of lip balm and that's my make up finished!
Recommended: Carmex Moisturising Vanilla Lip Balm - £3.25, Blistex Triple Butters Lip Balm - £2.49, Nivea Lip Butter - £2.29

Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x

Comments