Pale People Problems


I am a firm believer that everyone is beautiful in their own way, regardless of skin tone, hair colour, eye colour, etc. and I have fully embraced how pale I am now. I've learnt over the years that fake tan does not work on me and always looks orange, streaky or patchy and I am quite happy being a vampire now.. But, being as pasty white as me still has it's problems! Here are some of the issues us pale princesses have to face everyday!

1. Being nicknamed Casper the Ghost
So because I'm 6ft1 and super pale, I have lots of nicknames - ranging from 'giraffe', 'casper', 'high tower', 'legs' etc. And there have been times that I have stood next to a friend who has just self-tanned and it legit looks like Casper and her tropical island friend.


2. Finding make up to suit your skin tone
This is a problem for all pale people, which is what my entire blog is based upon! Finding blushers that don't make you look like a clown, bronzers that don't make you look like an umpa-loompa and foundations that aren't orange or 5 shades too dark in their lightest shade.


3. Putting a white face mask on and realising it matches your skin closer than most make up
I may as well rock a white face mask all day as my foundation because it is actually a closer skin match than most my foundations.

4. Reflecting the light on a sunny day
This seems to be especially common with pale people's legs when they don't self-tan. The light reflects off our pale skin so much that it can blind innocent passers by and make you look even more like a vampire.

5. Turning into a lobster after 5 minutes in the sun
Now I live in Scotland, so we don't get very much sun here - Scotland is a safe place for us pale people. However, last year, I ventured down south for the Race for Life and forgot what sun does to us pale people. It was very painful.


6. Only being able to wear certain colours of clothes
Obviously, anyone can wear whatever they want, but I find that if I wear pastel, light clothing, I look slightly dead / washed out. So I stick to dark clothing and just accept that I look like a goth.

7. Looking like an unintentional goth if you want to wear dark eye make up or dark lips
I'm all for rocking the goth look because I love a dark, smokey eye, but this becomes especially apparent when everyone starts pointing out that you look like a goth.


8. People asking if you're ill when you have no make up on
It doesn't help that I have blonde eyelashes, blonde eyebrows and pale skin with a slightly blue undertone, but people genuinely are concerned that you are dying when you have no make up on and you are as pale as me.


9. People lose you in the snow
If I wore white for a day in Scotland when we have snow, the only thing people would be able to see is my hair. My skin tone pretty much blends in with anything white.

10. Flash photography make you look even paler than usual
Regardless of flashback in my make up products, especially in a group full of much more tanned people, I actually look even more pale than usual and if there is flash involved, I may as well be lit up like a Christmas tree.

11. Bruises show up horrendously on pale skin
I do bruise very easily.. I'm not sure whether that's a common pale people problem, but when I do bruise, they look horrendous on pale skin! (The bruises on my legs were from moving house!)


Let me know in the comments section what other pale people problems you've encountered!

Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x

Comments