Top 10 Nude Matte Liquid Lipsticks
1. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Cairo (16) - £6.00
- If you haven't heard of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, you must be living under a rock! They are a cult favourite liquid lipstick. There are a huge range of shades of this product - this one is called Cairo, which is the palest nude of the range. These lipsticks have a slight sweet fragrance, but it is not overpowering. They are not great in terms of longevity of wear, but they are super comfortable to wear because of the moussey formula. You get 8ml of product in these and a doe-foot applicator.
2. Make Up Gallery Pout Matters Matt Lip Colour - Latte - £1.00
- I picked this up in Poundland after seeing it mentioned on YouTube. This quickly became one of my favourite liquid lipsticks! It is a lovely brown toned nude that looks great on pale skin. It has a very moussey formula, similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, so it is comfortable to wear on the lips. It does dry down matte and it is pretty long wearing! They have a strong sweet scent - that smells like caramel - I personally like the scent. For £1.00, you can't go wrong! You get 5ml of product and it comes with a doe-foot applicator.
3. Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit - Nudie Patootie - £4.61
- After seeing the hype around these new(ish) Wet 'n' Wild Liquid Lipsticks, I had to try a couple. This is the shade Nudie Patootie and it's one of my favourite nude shades. Again, it has a slightly moussey formula (can you see the trend here?) and it has a slight chemically scent. These are really comfortable to wear, it dries down matte and is much longer wearing than the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. You get 6g of product and a curved doe-foot applicator. In the UK, you can order Wet 'n' Wild from Amazon and a few other online stores stock these.
4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - London (04) - £6.00
- I don't need to go on about these again, but this is a much darker nude shade to the shade Cairo, but the formula and scent is consistent.
5. MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer - Harmony - £3.00
- This has a very strong, sweet, fruity scent. It dries down fully matte and is a similar formula to the NYX Lip Lingerie. It is very pigmented and applies smoothly. It also has very good lasting power. For £3.00, this is a great addition to any collection of nude liquid lipsticks. There are quite a few different shades to choose from in this range and the packaging looks much more expensive than it is!
6. Rimmel Show Off Lip Velvet Matte - Apollo - £5.99
- This is one of the most orange toned shades in my collection. You get 5ml of product and a doe-foot applicator. This doesn't dry down fully matte but is comfortable on the lips. It is slightly sheerer than some of the other formulas, giving you a hint of colour. Rimmel have actually discontinued this range, however, you can still find it online and often in discount shops such as B&M or Watt Brothers.
7. NYX Lip Lingerie - 03 Lace Detail - £7.00
- This a very long lasting liquid lipstick - it does dry down fully matte, but it can feel quite tight and quite drying on the lips, so you may wish to wear a lip balm underneath this one! It is very transfer-resistant but it does have quite a strong chemical scent. You get 4ml of product (which surprises me because the tube is a lot bigger than the others!) and a long, flat applicator, which is great for precisely outlining the lips.
8. Santee Matte Long Lasting Lipgloss - 01 - $1.00
- It claims to last 24 hours (I'm not sure who would wear a liquid lipstick for 24 hours though!). Santee is a brand that is sold on Shop Miss A, an American website where the majority of their cosmetics are just $1.00. This is an interesting liquid lipstick as it changes colour slightly as it dries down. Initially, it is quite a pale pinky nude but it dries down slightly darker - it is very highly pigmented. It does dry fully matte as has a slight chemical scent. I've found it to be slightly drying but it has good staying power.
9. The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid - Windsor Rose 032 - £6.00
- You get 8ml of product and a doe-foot applicator. This, again, like the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, has a soft, moussey formula. It is not the most long-wearing lipstick and it does not dry fully matte. It has quite a sweet scent, which I prefer over the chemical scents. There are a few different shades to choose from in this range, however, this is the nude-est shade. The Body Shop often do 40% off sales on their website, meaning you can get this product for just £3.60!
10. Kleancolor Madly Matte Lipgloss - 1602 - $1.00
- This is a lovely taupey, purpley nude shade, which is quite a unique colour. This is highly pigmented and dries down fully matte. The formula, again, reminds me of the NYX Lip Lingerie in that it can feel quite drying. It has quite a chemically scent. This another brand that is sold on Shop Miss A's website for $1.00. It comes in a large range of colours, including nudes, dark shades and red shades.
Let me know what your favourite nude liquid lipsticks are in the comments below!
Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x