Top 10 Highlighters For Pale Skin


When I first starting getting more obsessed with make up, highlighters were the new big thing. I saw YouTubers saying that certain highlighters were better than others so I went with those ones - only to find out that actually, there are lots of different shades of highlighter and lots of different types too, and not every shade suits every person! So I did a load of research and found lots of pale - skin friendly products and I tried and tested them! Here are my top 10 highlighters for pale skin (although these are in no particular order).


(swatches from left to right are numbers 1-7) 

1. NYX Illuminating Bronzer - Ritualistic - £9.50
This was one of the first white based highlighters that I tried after seeing a YouTube video raving about it. I've spoken about this product before in my Top 10 NYX products blog post and it is still one of my favourite highlighters. It is a very pigmented highlighter but it is buildable, so you can create a more natural look with a light hand or a very bold glow if you prefer to dazzle like a disco ball! The shade is a slightly yellow / golden toned white, as you can see from the swatch but it is still predominantly white and works really well on pale skin. This is very sturdy packaging and you get 8g of product.


2. LA Strobing Powder - 120 Watt - £5.00 
- This is a highlighter I purchased recently from Beauty Bay as I had seen that it was a white highlighter and they are so hard to find, especially from the drugstore! This is a great highlighter for pale skin - it is pure white but it reflects silvery / pearlescent. It is quite glittery, as opposed to a sheen and it can be applied with a light hand for a more natural looking highlight or it can be built up to look more intense. I noticed that in darker lighting, it looks like you have put straight up glitter on your face but when you are out in the sun, it is more of a shimmery sheen, so maybe bear that in mind with this highlighter, for during the day, it's great, for nighttime, it can look too glittery. The packaging is very sturdy and you get 5.5g of product.


3. Make Up Revolution Skin Kiss - Ice Kiss - £5.00
This is a relatively new product that was released a couple of months ago on Tam Beauty's website but it is now available in Superdrug stores too.As soon as I saw this on Instagram, I knew I needed to try it! It comes in 4 different shades; Ice Kiss (which is white based), Peach Kiss, Bronze Kiss and Golden Kiss - the names are pretty self explanatory! This highlighter is huge! It's quite thin, sleek, rose gold packaging but I was shocked at the size of it when it arrived! You get 14g of product which is crazy compared to the amounts in other highlighters. This highlighter is slightly yellow toned but it is still light enough and will compliment pale skin nicely.


4. iHeart Make Up - Goddess of Love - £4.99
- This is an absolute favourite of mine - it's most definitely in my top 3 favourites. This highlighter isn't glittery, it gives that wet looking sheen to your face and it is most definitely not a subtle highlighter! You can use a fan brush or a tapered brush to apply this - a fan brush gives a more subtle highlight while the small tapered brush is more precise and gives a more intense highlight. If you haven't seen these highlighters before, they come in heart shaped cardboard packaging, which is quite bulky for travelling and for storing but it is sturdy. You get 10g of product which is a huge amount for such a low price and such a high quality! This particular shade is perfect for highlighting pale skin, although they do also have a range of shimmery blushes and bronzers and some darker highlighting shades also. You can see from the swatch that this is a peachy coloured highlight and it's one of the darker swatches but I love how it looks on my skin! This product is not at all powdery - when you swirl your brush around it doesn't kick up any powder and it is very soft in texture. If you are a pale princess and you like an intense highlight, you most definitely need to try this highlighter!


5. Technic Highlighting Powder - £2.49
Again, I've spoken about this highlighter before in my Cheap Beauty Products That Shocked Me blog post. I ordered this off eBay and did not expect it to be as amazing as it is! This is a fab highlighter if you have pale skin and like an intense highlighter. It is a pinky / purpley / white shade, which looks icy on the skin and really suits my skin tone. Even with a light hand, it is quite an intense shimmer so if you like a more natural looking highlighter, this one isn't for you! You can find this highlighter on Amaon, eBay or in Bodycare shops and it is usually around the £2 mark. You get 12g of product (which I feel like will last forever!) The packaging on this product is the only thing that lets it down - it snapped at the hinges within a few uses, but it is still worth it for me because cheap highlights can be hard to find and the shade is quite unique. For the price, this is a great highlighter to add to your collection.You get 12g of product which is crazy for such a low price.


6. The Balm Mary Lou-maniser Highlighter - £19.99
This is an absolute cult favourite highlighter in the beauty community - it's technically a drugstore highlighter because it's available in Superdrug but it is on the more expensive end! This is more of a champagne / gold highlighter which is highly pigmented so you don't need to use a lot. The packaging is sturdy, there is a mirror and you get 8.5g of product in this highlighter. On pale skin, this highlighter is quite subtle, it seems to blend into my skin tone a bit but it does give a nice glow. It is the darkest shade out of all of the highlighters in this blog post, as you can see from the swatches. This highlighter is shimmery instead of glittery, which is most people's preference! If you're in the market for a slightly more expensive highlighter, this is one to go for.



7. New Look Glow Baked Highlighter Powder - £7.99
This is a new purchase for me and I didn't expect it to be so perfect for pale skin! I ordered it from New Look's website so I wasn't sure what colour it would be but it is another white based highlighter. It is very shimmery, comes in sleek, sturdy packaging and you get .. of powder. This is very different to the likes of e.l.f's baked highlighters - which are very stiff until you get through the first layer. This powder is very smooth to the touch, pigmented and it is intense without needing to dampen your brush. It's a really beautiful highlighter and you get 9g of product.


8. Make Up Revolution Ultra Blush Palette - Golden Sugar - £6.00
One of the main reasons I bought this palette was because of one shade! A white highlighter shade. Now I bought this palette before the likes of iHeart Make Up brought their highlighters out and before a lot of other white based highlighters were released. This is quite glittery and it is quite an intense highlighter. It is perfect for pale skin, and, you are getting 8 different blush, bronzer and highlight shades in this palette so really it only works out at less than £1 per pan! You also get a mirror and it is sturdy packaging.  I've swatched all of the shades so you can see what they all look like on pale skin. I love this palette and I think it's great value for the money you're paying!



 9. Sleek Highlighter Palette - Solstice - £9.99
This is an absolute cult favourite highlighting palette within the beauty community so I would be surprised if you haven't heard of this or seen photos going around. This palette comes with 4 highlighting shades - one cream highlighter and 3 powders. I don't tend to use the cream highlighter, although I have tried it and it is good - I just personally prefer powder highlighters. All 3 of the powder shades in this palette work on pale skin - there is a lilac shade, a yellow shade and an orangey / champagne shade. I use all 3 of them mixed together or one on it's own if I'm feeling a particular shade that day! I constantly reach for this palette because I love it so much. The packaging is very sturdy and it does come with a mirror too.



10. MUA Strobe & Glow Highlight Kit - £5.00
This is a new purchase for me as I swatched it in a Superdrug store and realised what a beautiful and intense highlighter it is! This product comes with two products, a matte highlighter and an intense strobe cream. Both of these products are very suitable for pale skin, especially the strobe cream which is pure white and very intense! The matte shade is good if you like a really subtle highlight, although the formula is quite powdery. The strobe cream is quite greasy to swatch but it is fine when applied over the top of foundation. I'm personally not a fan of cream highlighting products but if you are a fan, this might be one to go for! You get a mirror as well and 17.5g of product overall which is insane value for money.



I hope this helps any fellow pale princesses out there looking to shine bright like a diamond! Let me know what some of your favourite highlighters are in the comments!

Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x

Comments