Best of Female Fragrance - My Personal Favourites

I realise that everyone has different tastes in perfume and different perfumes suit different people, but it can still be worth hearing about other peoples favourites as you might realise you like a few of the same perfumes and therefore might want to try some of the other similar fragrances. By looking at the notes involved in each of the fragrances I like, it's obvious I like fragrances with sandalwood, cedarwood, vanilla and citrus. I'm not a huge fan of floral fragrances. These are my absolute favourite fragrances, many of which I have used a bottle up already and have repurchased.

1. Paco Rabanne Olympea Eau De Parfum 50ml - £54.00
This is a relatively new fragrance that came out in the last few years and has been super popular ever since. I was surprised that I liked this as other than vanilla, it doesn't have any notes that I am usually drawn to, but it's one of my favourite perfumes by far. It works for a night out or for everyday use and the scent lasts all day. It is quite a light scent, which is quite feminine. I've nearly used up a full bottle of this perfume and I have already repurchased it.
Notes: Green mandarin, ginger lily, jasmine, vanilla, cashmere wood & ambergris.


2. Hugo Boss Deep Red Eau De Parfum 50ml - £44.00
This is my go to perfume, mainly for going out but I also use it regularly during the day. I think it's  a 'sexy' scent, it's kind of manly compared to most of the floraly perfumes (which I can't stand!). Again, it lasts all day on me and the scent doesn't change. I've already finished one 50ml bottle of this perfume and I have already repurchased it - I just feel like this scent suits me the best out of all the fragrances I've tried.
Notes: Clementine, blood orange, blackcurrant, freesia, pittosporum, ginger flower, sandalwood, cedarwood & vanilla


3. Victor & Rolf BonBon Eau De Parfum 50ml - £73.00 
This is the most expensive perfume on the list but I do think it is worth the cost. This perfume comes in a super cute pink bow bottle and is quite a sweet fragrance - but not too sweet. The scent really does last all day and but it isn't too overpowering. You don't need to spray much of it at all, so it does last quite a long time and I tend to save this perfume for special occasions or going out occasionally due to the price. I would definitely repurchase this perfume!
Notes: Mandarin, orange, peach, caramel, jasmine, orange blossom, cedarwood, guaiac wood, sandalwood & amber.


4. Body Shop Shea Body Mist 100ml - £8.00 
Ever since I first smelt the Shea collection in the Body Shop, I fell in love with it. I am a bit too obsessed, I have the hand cream, body scrub, lip butter, body mist, eau de parfum etc. This is a lovely scent, which is not overpowering but it adds a nice scent alongside other perfumes. I tend to spray this a few times over my clothes and then put perfume over the top. I've found that this body mist does tend to go with most of the perfumes that I own - although I do wear it on it's own sometimes. It is quite a light scent and definitely does not last all day, but it is good none-the-less and I will continue to repurchase it. It is described as a "subtle, sweet and nutty scent", which I think is an appropriate description.


5. Escada Born in Paradise Eau De Toilette 50ml - £37.00
This perfume is my husband's personal favourite for me to wear - possibly because I wore it a lot when we first got together. It is quite difficult to get hold of now but there are still a few websites that sell it. It is a very summery fragrance and it has quite a tropically theme to it - which is completely different to the other fragrances listed here but I still love it. Even the bottle looks summery! It is quite a strong fragrance and it lasts a long time but I wouldn't say it lasts as long as the more expensive brands. I have already used a full bottle of this perfume and I am already on my second bottle.
Notes: Pineapple, watermelon, guava & coconut


6. Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy Eau De Parfum 50ml - £30.00
  - This is one of my favourite and best quality celebrity perfumes. It is a light perfume, which smells quite sweet and fruity. It is perfect for every day use, especially because of the low price point. The scent does last a while on me but it is not over powering. I feel like this perfume would be better suited to younger people, just because of how sweet and fruity it is - I feel like even the bottle is aimed at younger people but it is cute! Boots also sell a 'hair mist' version of this perfume which I am desperate to try but it is always out of stock when I check!
Notes: Sugar frosted Blackberry, Bergamont, Marshmallow, Cassis & Vanilla


7. Mon Guerlain Eau De Parfum 50ml - £68.00
 - This is a new release from Guerlain which is on the more expensive side but if you like the smell, it is definitely worth the money! You really don't need to use a lot - the first time I tried it, I used one spray onto my neck and it lasted all day, so a 50ml bottle should last you a long time! This is a very strong scent so I will probably use it more for going out and special occasions. To me, it is a very unique scent, which smells quite mature but it can been worn by younger people too. I smelt it in a Boots store when it first came out and liked the smell, then I saw one of my best friends when I was in Southampton visiting and she wore it out. I recognised the scent immediately and asked her what it was and she said this one. It lasted the whole night and it really suited her.
Notes: Lavender, Jasmine, Sandalwood & Vanilla.


8. Hollister Vista Cove Body Mist 235ml - £11.00 
Again, as this is a body mist, it is not as strongly fragranced as the other perfumes, however, I use it in the same way as the Shea Body Mist - on it's own or paired with another perfume. It leaves my clothes smelling fresh and it is quite a light scent. I have always liked the Hollister body mists and perfumes but when I was smelling them all, this was definitely my favourite. It is a little bit on the sweet side with a hint of floral (which I don't tend to like!).
Notes: Blackcurrant, Pink Magnolia & Cedarwood



Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x

Comments