What's New At The Drugstore?

Loads of brands seem to be feeding our make up addictions by coming out with new exciting products recently.. I am actually on a spending ban this month to try and get through some of the products I already own and to prove to myself that I can go a whole month without buying make up or beauty products, but as soon as the clock turns midnight on the 30th April, I am going shopping! (Might have to be online at that time of night....)

So here are some of the new releases that I've spotted in the drugstore - most of them I want to try out!

- Max Factor Bronzer - £9.99 - Boots & Superdrug
This was new into Boots and Superdrug stores this week. It looks exactly the same as Max Factor's Creme Puff Blushers, which I love and it has the same texture (I swatched it in store). It comes in two shades, Bronze and Light Gold (very imaginative names!). The Light Gold shade is a matte shade that looks like a really good shade for pale skin, while the Bronze shade is a shimmery shade, which also looks beautiful but might be a tad dark for porcelain skin. 


- MUA Professional Pressed Setting Powder - £4.00 - Superdrug
This was also released recently in Superdrug and it seems the drugstore is listening to the consumers saying "why is there no translucent setting powders in the drugstore". Since it released, I've seen it in stock online once - meaning it is crazy popular. I was in my local Superdrug yesterday and it was out of stock there too. I'm really wanting to try this because for £4.00, if it is any good, this is a bargain.


- Make Up Revolution Mini Pro Colour Correct Sponge Set - £9.99
I'm not sure exactly when these were released but they are relatively new to the drugstore anyway. This is a five piece set of mini beauty sponges in various colours, which are useful for blending small areas like around your eyes and being more precise. I've tried the Real Techniques mini sponges and they are useful and good quality but I do feel like they are slightly overpriced considering how small they are, you get 2 in set for £5.99. If the Make Up Revolution sponges are just as good quality, you're saving a bit of money in getting these!


- Collection Primed & Ready Make Up Fixing Spray Matte - £5.99 - Superdrug
Now fixing spray is not something that has gone overly well for the drugstore. I've seen so many fixing sprays being brought out by L'oreal, Maybelline, Rimmel, Make Up Revolution etc. and within a few weeks of their release, all of the reviews are around the 3* mark. It will be interesting to see how this fixing spray compares to the others on the market. I love Collection products, specifically the Lasting Perfection Concealer (a cult favourite) and their original Pressed Powder.


- Make Up Revolution Renaissance Glow Palette - £8.00 - TamBeauty.com 
If you are on Instagram, you will have probably seen this beautiful palette floating around. This is a new release from Make Up Revolution which is not yet available in Superdrug but you can find it on Tam Beauty's website. It is quite clearly a want-to-be dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow Palette in Light to Medium (which is £49.00!) - even down to the stripes in the pans. The packaging is very luxurious for only £8! And I've seen a few YouTubers talking about this already and it does look really nice. 


- P.S Bronze Highlight & Glow Kit - £4.00 - Primark 
Again, this is all over Instagram currently! It is very similar looking to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kits (which are £39 to buy in the UK). From looking at photos on Instagram, this gives a very intense highlight! There are 4 shades in the palette, which is amazing for only £4! I saw this in Primark yesterday and I probably won't be purchasing it myself as it looks a bit dark for pale skin - the first two shades would probably work but the other 2 wouldn't. But Primark have been stepping up their beauty game recently so it's worth checking out! 


- L'Oreal Paris Miss Baby Roll Mascara - £7.99 - Boots & Superdrug
L'Oreal mascaras are usually pretty good - this once is their latest release which came out in Boots earlier this week. What's different about this mascara is that it comes in 5 variations, black, black waterproof, indigo, violet and teal! I can't say that I particularly use any other colour of mascara except black, but if that's something you're into, this might be a mascara to try! All of the variations have good reviews on Superdrug's website already. 



- Make Up Revolution Skin Kiss Highlighter - £5.00 - TamBeauty.com
This is another new Make Up Revolution product I am desperate to try out. There is a shade called Ice Kiss which looks like it is a pure white highlighter (pale girls, the struggle is real to find a pale highlighter!) and I love the Make Up Revolution highlighters I already have so this should be amazing quality too. It also comes in Peach Kiss, Golden Kiss and Bronze Kiss. 



- MUA 6 Shade Eyeshadow Palette - £3.50 - Superdrug
This has been out for a few weeks now and has some great reviews on Superdrug's website already. There are 6 variations of these palettes, two of which I really want to try - the Glamour Golds and Rusted Wonders. I swatched the Glamour Golds in store yesterday and they were super pigmented, metallic, creamy shades. The packaging is nice and compact so good for travelling. For £3.50, these are amazing! I can't wait to try them properly. 

- Collection Primed & Ready Lip Primer - £2.99 - Boots & Superdrug
This is a product that I haven't seen much of before in the drugstore - some brands do a 2-in-1 lip primer and lip-gloss or similar, but usually, the lip primer is just a lip balm. This lip primer claims to improve the length of wear of your lip product so it will be interesting to see if it is just another lip balm or whether is does anything else! 


So it seems MUA and Make Up Revolution have upped their game and brought out even more amazing products! I can't wait to try the stuff on this list when I'm no longer on a spending ban! Let me know in the comments if there are any new products you want to try!

Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x

Comments