Best Hair Care Products

I've battled with damaged hair (through my own fault!) for the past 7 years, since I started dying my hair at 15 years old. I am naturally blonde, not a light blonde but a golden blonde, and when I was 15, I dyed my hair dark chocolate brown. For the following 4 years, I bounced between bleach blonde and dark brown, at one point I even had bleach blonde hair on top and dark purple underneath (it looked epic but was a bitch to wash as you have to keep the purple and blonde separate!). For the past 3 years, I've had dark purple, violet hair and I've been working my arse off to get my hair into a decent condition. It's now very long, thick (wavy naturally) and dry on the ends, but I wouldn't call it damaged anymore (horrah!)

So having tried a million hair care products in the past few years, I thought I would share with you my favourite finds. These are products that have worked for my hair; everyone's hair is different and we all like different scents and different types of product, so just because I like it, doesn't mean you will and it doesn't mean it will work for your hair type.

1. Macadamia Oil Healing Oil Treatment - 125ml - RRP: £29.95
    - If I ever got stranded on a desert island and could only take 5 beauty products, this would be in my top 5. I discovered this when I was around 19 years old - my ex boyfriend's mum is a hairdresser and she used this on my hair every time she (kindly) coloured / cut / attempted to fix my hair. I fell in love with it and so did my hair. It is the only type of oil my hair likes, it smells nice and absorbs into wet or dry hair quickly, without leaving any oily/ greasy residue. It works as a detangler and a conditioning treatment. It is a thick oil, so you only need a few pumps to cover all of your hair. I am 100% sure that this is the main reason my hair is in such good condition now, in comparison to the dead, straw-like mess it was a few years ago. This stuff works miracles and I cannot live without it. I've probably got through about 10-15 bottles in the past 3 years; it lasts me around 2 months and I use it every time I wash my hair and sometimes in between. You can find this on eBay, Boots, Amazon and a few other websites and the price varies from £16-£30.



2. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner - 250ml - RRP: £4.99
     - This product is well known for how amazing it is. There is a full range of different types of 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioners in this Australian hair care range and each smell slightly different and do different things. My personal favourite is the 'reconstructor' range, but they are all good. They smell amazing and truly are really nourishing for your hair and leaves it feeling smooth and silky. You don't need to use a massive amount to cover your hair and it washes out easily. You can leave it on for 3 minutes or an hour if you're in the bath (which is how I use it). I will always continue to repurchase this and use it on rotation with other hair masks. It's a must have product for me.

3. Lee Stafford Hair Growth Leave In Treatment Spray - 100ml - £11.99 
    - Again, this is a must have hair product for me that I have purchased numerous times and will continue to repurchase. This is a controversial product, in that a lot of people argue it can't possible work to make your hair grow. I disagree! I started using a number of products from the Hair Growth range, including the shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, hair oil and this spray, a couple of years ago. Where I live 450 miles away from most my friends and family, they don't see me very often. Every time I go back home, everyone comments on how much my hair has grown! My hair is a bit longer than half way down my back now (and I'm 6ft1!) and I would put that down to these products and the overall improvement of the condition of my hair. This spray is my favourite from the range as it's so easy to use - I just spray it onto my roots and rub it in after I've washed my hair and it's still damp. It does not leave my roots oily or greasy. If you are going to try this product, don't expect it to work miracles and turn you into Rapunzel over night. But with continued use and a good haircare routine, you will see the difference! If you haven't used Lee Stafford products before, be warned there is a strong perfume scent to most of his products, I personally like the smell, but some people have said they find it overpowering. You can find Lee Stafford products in Boots stores and online.


4. Mark Hill MiracOILous Nourishing Hair Spray - 300ml - £6.99
   - I've been using this hairspray for about 6 months now and I love it. I use it when my hair is tied up in a slick ponytail or to tame fly-aways and baby hairs when my hair is in a bun. It is the best hairspray I've ever tried. It is a lightweight hairspray, that somehow manages to tame my hair even if it is sticking up all over the place but you can barely feel it in your hair. It is not crispy or sticky and it doesn't smell like a normal hairspray either. You don't need to use a lot to achieve the desired look so it lasts for a long time. I'm not sure how 'nourishing' this is, but I personally love it and will continue to repurchase it. You can find Mark Hill hair products in Boots stores and online.

5. Fudge Urban Sea Salt Spray - 150ml - £7.29 
   - So as I said above, I have naturally wavy hair, but it leans on the straight side. As much as I would love to wake up every day with perfect beach wavey hair, we're not all that lucky. This product is perfect for achieving that look. Sea salt spray can be drying to your hair, so bear that in mind and maybe don't use it daily, but it's great for no-heat styling. I've tried a number of different sea salt sprays, but this one is definitely my favourite. The way I use it is to spray it onto dry hair (it doesn't do much to wet hair on me) and either plait my hair and leave it in for about 30 minutes, or scrunch it up into a messy bun for around 30 minutes. When I take the plait or bun out, I spray a bit more of this into it and scrunch it up using my hands. This adds a massive amount of volume, texture and it holds messy looking beach waves all night or all day. It's so quick and easy to do as you can do the steps above and apply your make up while it's sinking into your hair. You can find Fudge Urban products in Boots and Superdrug or online.



6. Oilology Coconut Oil Hair Mask - 226g - £7.99 
   - This is a recent find of mine, I purchased this in TKMaxx (it is available on their website as well as in stores) and wanted it mainly because of the scent. It has a lovely coconut, tropical, sweet scent and was quite a large tub. I've used this numerous times now and I love it. It leaves my hair feeling super soft, silky and smooth which lasts for days afterwards. It also detangles my horrificly knotty hair, making it easier to brush after washing. It has a relatively thin consistency compared to lots of hair masks I've tried, but it does nourish my hair and you don't have to use much of it to cover your hair. I really hope I can continue to find this is TKMaxx as I will definitely repurchase it. This is a great hair mask!
7. Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Rescue Masque - 150ml - £6.99
    - This is another great hair mask. It has a nice scent, not too overpowering and it's a good consistency, not too thin and not to thick. I feels like it adds hydration to my hair and again, makes it easier to brush after washing. After using, your hair feels soft and silky. The lid for the pot is a flip top, this sounds simple but I actually find this so much easier than twisting a lid off with wet hands (I like the simple things in life ok?!). The only downside of this hair mask is the relatively small amount of product you get in comparison to other hair masks. You can find this hair mask in Boots stores or online.


8. Aussie Miracle Recharge Moisture Infuser Leave-in Conditioner - 250ml - £4.69
    - If you're like me and love coconutty, tropical scents, you will love this product. In typical Aussie fashion, they have made this product smell divine. This is a spray leave in conditioner that is meant to add moisture to your hair (there are other types in their range of leave in conditioner, but I particularly like this moisture one). You can spray this into wet or dry hair, I personally spray it into dry hair, to add some moisture to my ends (I can't say it does a massive amount) but mainly to add the scent. It works like a perfume for your hair (I know certain brands of perfume have now brought out hair mists, but they are triple the price of this one). If I spray it into a ponytail, all day I can smell the coconutty goodness and what's better than good smelling hair? Well, probably lots of things but it's still good. You can find the Aussie brand at most Superdrug and Boots stores as well as most supermarkets.


So this is just a small handful of the hair products that I use on a regular basis and that work for my hair! Hope this helps you, and comment if you have any favourite haircare products that I can try!

Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x

Comments