Testing 3 Make Up Revolution Foundations


Make Up Revolution have massively stepped up their game in the past few years - back when they first started, I would have never bothered even trying any of their foundations because affordable foundations usually have a rubbish shade range and the pale shades are usually orange. However, when they released each of these foundations, the shade ranges have been amazing! Also, in case you didn't know, all 3 of these foundations are cruelty free, so there's an extra bonus. So I have now owned and tried these three foundations for a while now and thought I would share my thoughts on them. For reference, I have oily / combination skin that is acne prone (but currently quite clear) and I also have mild acne scarring and rosacea, so I have quite a bit of redness to be covered up.


Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick - F1 - £5.00
This has been a very popular foundation since it was released - I have mixed feelings on this foundation. It is very quick and easy to apply, blends easily and has a very creamy formula - I actually prefer this formula to a few high end stick foundations I own because it is so easy to apply and blend. It gives great coverage and a dewy finish, which can be set with a powder to create a more matte finish. The shade F1 is a great pale shade and is one of the closest shade matches I have with a foundation and even better, it doesn't oxidise at all. I've found this applies well with a brush or damp beauty blender. However, that said, it's lasting power is horrendous on oily skin. It lasts about 4 hours on my skin before it is an oily mess, has separated and can't even be fixed with blotting paper or powder. I've also found that it transfers like crazy, even when set with powder and it rubs off really easily. It does also tend to sink into my smile lines after a few hours of wear and it also makes my skin breakout. Overall, this is a good foundation for the price, but I only wear it now if I know I'm going to be taking my make up off in around 4 hours. I think it would potentially work better on dry skin. You get 6.2g of product in this stick foundation, which in comparison to the Make Up Forever Stick Foundation I have (12.5g) is not a huge amount.


Revolution Pro Full Coverage Camouflage Foundation - F1  - £7.00
Although this foundation shade is listed as the same shade as the other two foundations, it is actually slightly different in undertone - this has more of a beige undertone, which I personally like, but it makes it look slightly darker than the other two foundations on my skin. This has a slightly greasy, oily texture, as opposed to a creamy formula which again, may be better suited to drier skin types. This again, has a dewy finish. I would say the coverage is around the same level as the Fast Base Stick - which is a great level of coverage for a drugstore foundation. I prefer to apply this foundation with a damp beauty sponge, just because it gives a smoother finish. I find that it doesn't transfer as much as the stick foundation, but it still doesn't have great lasting power on oily skin - I find it lasts around 5-6 hours on my skin. I don't find that this sinks into any fine lines and if it didn't go as oily as it does, I probably would love this foundation. Again, for the price, it's not a bad foundation and I think this could work better on dry skin. You get 25ml of product in this squeeze tube, which is slightly less than the standard 30ml of product in other foundations.


Revolution Conceal & Define Foundation - F1 - £9.00
This is the most recent release from Make Up Revolution and I couldn't wait to try it as soon as it was released because I absolutely love the Conceal & Define concealer. There is a paler shade than F1 in this foundation (F0.5) however, I tested that in a Superdrug store and it was straight up baby pink, so I went with the more yellow toned F1 shade. This comes with a huge doe-foot applicator, which I personally don't like because I feel like the applicator doesn't pick up enough product each time you dip it in the tube and it also isn't the most hygienic applicator (which most people agree with). However, this foundation gives amazing coverage (I would say more than the other two foundations), gives a demi-matte finish, is creamy and easily blended and doesn't transfer at all. I don't find that this foundation sinks into fine lines and has much better lasting power than the other two foundations - around 11-12 hours of wear! It does oxidise slightly but it doesn't go too much darker and is still a wearable shade for me. This foundation I think is much better suited to oily skin and quickly became one of my new favourite foundations! You get 23ml of product in this glass bottle, which again, is less than a standard foundation.

(Swatches left to right are Fast Base Stick F1, Full Coverage F1, Conceal & Define  F1)

Overall, I think all 3 of these foundations are great, in terms of price, coverage and ease of application, but if you have a similar skin type to me, I would definitely recommend the Conceal & Define Foundation.

Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x

Comments

Post a Comment