Lush Fresh Handmade Christmas Bath Products 2018


If you are a fan of bubble baths like I am, this blog post might interest you. I first tried Lush bath products just less than a year ago - I had previously thought they were overpriced, I didn't like the smell of the shop and thought they were a bit of a hippy brand (no offence intended!) but I had no idea what I was missing out on. From the first time I tried a Lush bath bomb, I was converted and now I am obsessed. Two of my absolute favourite bath products from Lush, are the 'Brightside Bubble Bar' and the 'Comforter Bubble Bar'. From these bubble bars, I get around 4 baths worth of gorgeous scent and bubbles, they don't dry out my skin and they not only fill the bathroom with their scent, but also leave your skin smelling amazing afterwards. I will also add, if you are worried about the bright colours or glitter staining your bath, I was worried about this too before I tried them but I have never found they have left any staining in my bath and the glitter rinses off easily. In case you don't already know, Lush is cruelty free, every product is made by hand and a lot of it is made from fresh, natural ingredients. If you haven't already tried Lush products, you NEED to!

I am obsessed with all things Christmas and all the scents of Christmas, so the day they released their Christmas stock, I knew I had to get myself to Lush and smell all the products! The list below are all products that I have purchased and tried myself - they do have quite a few more products in their Christmas range. The photos of the water in the photo above from left to right are Snow Fairy Jelly Bomb, Shoot for the Stars Bath Bomb and Luxury Lush Pud Bath Bomb.



Yog-Nog Yule Log Bubble Bar - £5.95
When I read the description online (before they were released in the shop!), this was the bubble bar I was most excited about because it has cinnamon, nutmeg and cocoa butter in it, which are all some of my favourite Christmas scents. It actually didn't smell as strong as I thought it would, but it does smell divine. This is a chunky bubble bar, but it has a slight oily / creamy feel to it, unlike their standard bubble bars which are more powdery. This definitely left my skin feeling very soft afterwards, however, it almost felt like I had a film of oil on my skin, both while I was in the bath and afterwards. It didn't bubble as much as other bubble bars that I have tried and it turned the bath a pale green colour, despite the bar being a beigey / yellow colour. It also did leave little bits of green gunk around the edge of the bath - I'm not sure if this is normal or if I got one from a bad batch but overall, it wasn't up to the usual Lush standard, but the scent makes up for it.
Rating: 6/10


Shoot for the Stars Bath Bomb - £4.50
I do prefer Lush bubble bars to the bath bombs, because I think you get more for your money (as you get 4-5 baths out of a bubble bar and you can only get 1-2 baths out of the bath bombs. However, I had to try some of the bath bombs from the Christmas range and this was so unique that I had to try it. To me, this smells slightly like men's aftershave; it has Cocoa Butter, Orange Oil, Coconut Cream and Bergamot Oil in it. The scent is quite relaxing and comforting and it lasted for the duration of the bath. The bath bomb itself only took around 2 minutes to completely dissolve - it’s quite an aggressive fizz! The gold stars come shooting off the bomb (the name makes sense now!) and do contain glitter but that doesn’t bother me. The water turned a beautiful rich lagoon blue, which doesn’t stain the skin or bath (I don’t know how they do that!) but makes a lovely change to boring bath water colours you usually get, I actually loved the colour of the water. This left my skin feeling super soft without feeling greasy or oily (like the Yule Log Bubble Bar did) and honestly this bath bomb just gave the perfect bath in every way. No complaints at all and definitely recommend this one!
Rating: 10/10



Puddy Holly Bubbleroon - £4.95
This very cute bubbleroon (similar principle to a bubble bar, where you break it up and run it under warm water) is another product I was super excited to try because I heard it smelt like marzipan, although I don't really think it does). Because of the size of this bubbleroon, you only get one bath out of the product. It turns the bath a bright green colour, with glitter in it and the glitter does stick to your body afterwards but it doesn't stain the bath green and the glitter is easily rinsed off. This one contains Cocoa Butter, Almond Oil, Tonka Absolute and Shea Butter. It smells very festive, kind of a mixed spice, nutty and vanilla scent, which lasts on your skin afterwards as well as the duration of the bath. It also bubbled well. Overall, I think this is a great addition to the Christmas range and the only thing I would improve on is the size - I would've preferred it to be slightly bigger, even if just for one bath. I think this one would make a great Christmas gift for someone who likes festive scents!
Rating: 9/10



Golden Handshake Hot Hand Mask - £4.50
I don't think this product is exclusive for Christmas, however, it has golden glitter on it which just screams Christmas to me and my partner bought this for me along with other products from the Christmas range. This contains Avocado Oil, Murumuru Butter, Rosewood Oil and Argan Oil. The idea of this is that you have a bowl of hot water, stir in the product and soak your hands for 15-20 minutes. I found that this product didn't actually dissolve in the bowl of water and the description online says it turns the water into a thick lotion, which I definitely didn't find. I don't know if I used too much water and that's why it didn't dissolve fully, but there were chunks of product floating in the bowl. It has a mild, fresh scent that isn't overpowering and leaves your hands lightly scented afterwards. It did leave my hands feeling very soft after using it, however, they didn't feel hydrated. They felt as though they had been cleansed and stripped of moisture. The other issue with this product is that when you have had your hands soaking in water for 15 minutes, your fingertips tend to wrinkle up. Overall, I don't really rate this product - it's a bit gimmicky for me and doesn't moisturise my hands enough to warrant the price tag.
Rating: 5/10



Candy Mountain Yule Log Bubble Bar - £3.95
This bubble bar is smaller than the other bars in the range which is why it is cheaper. It contains Vanilla Absolute, Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter and has a very sweet, bubblegum scent (which I love). The whole bathroom and my hallway was filled with the scent of this bubble bar and the scent lasted for the duration of the bath - my partner even commented on how nice it smelt! I used about half of this bubble bar for one bath so you would most likely only get two baths out of this bubble bar, as opposed to 4-5 with the bigger bars. This turns the bath a bright, baby pink which contains some glitter - I noticed glitter all over me after getting out the bath but it didn't leave glitter all over the bath when the water was drained. The bar dissolved easily in the bath and bubbled up well. It didn't leave an oily film on my skin but it left my skin feeling very soft and smelling lovely. This is another bubble bar that I would definitely recommend and repurchase!
Rating: 10/10



Snow Fairy Jelly Bomb - £5.25
Seeing as I'm relatively new to jump on the Lush bandwagon, I had never tried the iconic 'Snow Fairy' scent, but I had heard about it so many times and it sounded right up my alley. I couldn't wait to try it when it came out at Christmas and was so happy it came in a bath bomb form. This does smell slightly different to the Candy Mountain Bubble Bar, but it still smells very sweet, like bubblegum and candy floss. It took about 4 minutes to dissolve and the water turned a pale pink, but it mainly caused white and dark pink bubbles / foam on the top of the bath. This did cause little clumps of pink around the bath and on my skin, like it didn't all dissolve properly. Word of advise, if you get the clumps on your skin, rinse them off straight away because otherwise it stains your skin, but it didn't stain the bath. Another word of advice, maybe get into the bath before you put this bath bomb in, as it made the bottom of the bath very slippery and I nearly died getting into it. It left my skin glittery but not overly soft (like the other ones do) but it also didn't dry my skin out. I could still smell this scent on me for the rest of the evening.
Rating 10/10



Luxury Lush Pud Bath Bomb - £4.95
This multi-coloured bath bomb contains Cassis Absolute, Bergamot Oil and Cypress Oil. It turned the water a dark pink after all of the colours merged when the bath bomb was dissolved - it kicks off blue, green, yellow, pink and white colours. It dissolved fully in about 5 minutes and there were no clumps or chunks of colour like some of the other bath bombs I've tried in this range. This bath bomb leaves your skin glittery but feeling soft, without feeling like it has an oily film on it, and it also leaves your skin smelling lovely. It smells sweet, fruity and I can smell vanilla although it doesn't claim to have vanilla in it, however, it doesn't smell quite as strong as some of the other bath bombs in this range. Regardless, this is definitely one of my favourite bath bombs from the Christmas range of this year and I would definitely recommend it.
Rating: 10/10


Cheery Christmas Bath Bomb - £3.95
I wasn't sure about trying this one, because it smelt a bit funky in the shop, however, seeing as it's one of the more affordable bath bombs, I thought I may as well try it. This one contains Lemon Oil and Buchu Oil and smells strongly of blackcurrant with a hint of lemon. It is a very fruity, slightly sweet scent, which I like because it smells different to the likes of Snow Fairy and Candy Mountain. The scent of this one isn't as strong as the other bath bombs I've tried, but it did last for the duration of the bath and lingered slightly on my skin afterwards. It is a slow fizzer, which took around 8 minutes to completely dissolve and it was quite gentle in it's fizzing, so didn't create that many bubbles. It turned the water a dark pink / purple shade with glitter, but it wasn't as strong a colour as some of the other bath bombs I've tried, possibly just because it is smaller than some of the other bath bombs. This did leave my skin feeling soft afterwards and smelling nice. Overall, this a good cheaper option and is still a good quality bath bomb.
Rating: 7/10

Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x

Comments

Post a Comment