Testing Technic Cosmetics


If you haven't heard of Technic Cosmetics, they are a very affordable make up brand that is often sold in shops like Bodycare or on eBay, Amazon, Technic's website etc. The prices vary quite a bit so I've priced each item based on Technic's website.


Superfine Translucent Powder - £5.00
This is a very soft, finely milled powder, which adds some colour when blended into the skin, even though it claims to be transparent. With my pale skin, it isn't a bad shade. When you swirl your brush in this powder, even gently, it kicks up a lot of powder and does make a mess everywhere! It looks quite dry and cakey when first applied although once set with a setting spray, it looks a lot better. This powder, unlike many I've tried, doesn't take away the coverage of the foundation underneath and bronzer and blusher both blended out nicely on top of it. I have oily / combination skin and it did seem to keep my oils at bay throughout the day. Overall, it's not a terrible face powder, but it isn't the best I've tried.




Get Gorgeous Highlighter - Original - £4.50
This is a fab highlighter if you have pale skin and like an intense highlighter. It is a pinky / purpley / white shade, which looks icy on the skin and really suits my skin tone, although there are other shades in the range. Even with a light hand, it is quite an intense shimmer so if you like a more natural looking highlighter, this one isn't for you! You get 12g of product, which will probably last forever. The packaging on this product is the only thing that lets it down - it snapped at the hinges within a few uses, but it is still worth it for me because cheap highlights can be hard to find and the shade is quite unique. For the price, this is a great highlighter to add to your collection.



Monster Lash Mascara - Black - £5.00
Technic sell  a number of mascaras, but this was one of the highest rated online, so I decided to pick this one up. I am very fussy with mascaras and it takes quite a lot to impress me - I've tried so many mascaras and I've only got three real favourites, however, this mascara pleasantly surprised me! It has a spikey plastic brush, which I prefer to the more natural brushes. It has got a weird bobble on the end of it, which I've seen on mascaras before, but I don't really see the purpose of; I actually think you're more likely to get mascara smeared on your face with these types of applicators! That aside, this mascara is very black, adds volume and length to your lashes and a slight curl. The formula, even brand new, isn't too wet and actually dried quite quickly, making it easier to add layers to build volume. Even with a good few layers, this didn't clump up or look spidery. It also didn't flake off or transfer onto my under-eyes throughout the day. Overall this is a fantastic mascara for the price!


Anti-Blemish Primer - £7.00
I purchased this primer a while back, because it contained salicylic acid, which my blemish prone skin LOVES. It has a lotion kind of formula that is relatively thick but sinks into the skin relatively quickly, leaving it slightly tacky. It has a fresh scent as it also contains aloe vera. Overall, I don't love this primer, because it doesn't seem to work with all foundations. I tried it recently with the LA Girl Pro Matte foundation and it looked terrible - the foundation looked very dry and patchy and the primer seemed to cause it to separate. It also doesn't keep my oils at bay at all, although it doesn't claim to do that. I've found it doesn't really make my skin look any better, but it also doesn't cause my skin to break out, so I have mixed feelings about this foundation. If you find a foundation that works with it, then it would be a good primer because it has such good ingredients.



Brow Gel - Black - £4.00
I've spoken about this brow gel before - I tested it as part of my eBay make up blog post. I absolutely love this brow gel, the brush is a good size, it is pigmented and super easy to use. It doesn't smudge and holds my brows in place all day, although I mainly use it to add colour to my blonde eyebrows! I was worried the shade 'Black' would look like sharpie pen on my eyebrows, but somehow it still looks natural and is perfect for when my hair is dyed blue / black.



Metalix Cream Eyeshadow - Plum Pudding - £5.00
I've tried a lot of cream eyeshadows and this is one of the best formulas I've tried. Sometimes they can flake off, they can lack in pigment, just kind of slide around your eyelid when applying or look greasy / crease on your eyelid. This cream eyeshadow doesn't do any of these things! This is a lovely pigmented, deep burgundy shade, which looks very metallic when first applied but does loose a bit of it's metallic finish when it's dried down. It blends nicely with matte eyeshadows and stays in place all day! The applicator is also nice and small so it makes it easy to apply it neatly. I would definitely purchase more shades in this range and this has become a quick favourite cream eyeshadow.



Primer Spray - £5.00
Because this is such an affordable primer water, I expected it to smell chemically or not do a lot, but I was actually very pleasantly surprised! This has a lovely aloe vera kind of scent and smells very fresh. It has a nice mister, which feels quite gentle and manages to cover most of your face with just a couple of sprays. It did leave my face feeling very wet, but it sank in relatively quickly to leave a tacky kind of finish, which is great for foundation sticking onto. I've tried this with a few different foundations and they all seem to blend nicely on top of this and it doesn't cause a drag or anything. I don't think this necessarily made my make up last any longer than usual, but it didn't cause it to break down either. You do only get 32ml of product in this, which is not a lot compared to other primer waters I own, but for the price, it's definitely worth it for me.


Matte Lip Cream - Sateen Sarah - £4.00
I purchased this product as I am a fan of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and this seemed to be a similar concept. I also had to get this particular shade because it had my name in it! Generally, I am a fan of more blue / purple based reds as opposed to pinker reds, but there weren't many swatches online of the red shades of this product so I did have to take a gamble. This shade is a bright red, but it does pull a little pink. It has a sweet scent to it, that is not as over-powering as some liquid lipsticks I've tried. It has a thin consistency, which is more liquid than the NYX version, but it is very pigmented. It dries down matte almost instantly and feels slightly dry but does not sink into the lines on your lips and doesn't feel overly drying. Once this has dried, it is almost transfer proof - it does transfer a little bit but not as much as a normal lipstick or in fact as much as the NYX Lip Creams. Overall, this is a good liquid lipstick, but it's not my absolute favourite formula.


Colour Fix Bronzing Palette - £6.00
This palette for me is too dark and warm toned for my skin, but otherwise is a good product. Some of the shades are quite similar and I actually use some of the shades as a peach toned blush instead of bronzer. I think personally, this palette would work well on medium to darker skin tones. They are pretty pigmented and can be quite powdery, but they blend out nicely on the skin and don't fade throughout the day. The palette itself is relatively sturdy and comes with a clear plastic lid without a mirror. There are both shimmer and matte shades in this palette, so some of the shades can be used as an eyeshadow if you don't like a shimmery bronzer.

Let me know in the comments section any brands you would like me to test out!
Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x

Comments